Monday, October 7, 2013

movin'

I have piles of boxes in my living room that could make a pretty decent fort.  My counter has a collection of random things: spackle, magic eraser (it really is magic, have you seen what it can do?!), some snacks, a padlock, and a little plastic dinosaur I like to call Rawr.  These are all the signs of a move in progress.


After much day dreaming, and then some very serious thought and planning, my sweetie and I decided to make the move to the mountains.  We definitely feel most at home when we are surrounded by high altitude air, sweet pines, and inviting granite.  And now we are packing up our respective homes to combine our belongings and our lives (eek!) together in Tahoe.  We are pretty excited about it all and are looking forward to loading up that UHaul tomorrow. 

I'm kind of an old pro at moving.  Prior to coming to SF, I had moved something like 13 times in 10 years (its probably actually more, I lost track along the way).  There was a time when I could surely pack a UHaul in my sleep!  But this time, I've hired movers to load the truck.  No point in asking my friends to break their backs carrying my couch down the stairs in exchange for a six-pack.  I am sure the movers really probably CAN load a truck in their sleep, anyhow.   

In the past month, among our packing and organizing, we tried to take advantage of every SF thing we could: America's Cup racing,  Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival this past weekend (nearly across the street from my house!), trips to our favorite places and restaurants, visits to the museums, catching up with friends.   As much as we are excited to be in the mountains, I am sure there will be plenty that we find ourselves missing about our SF home. 


But tomorrow, we get to load up that truck and head up the hill for the next chapter in our lives, creating new favorites along the way.  We hope you'll come visit!  

1 comment:

  1. I would rather be in the mountains than the city too. Are you having to get a new job?

    ReplyDelete