Monday, February 4, 2013

home cooking

While in culinary school, I once asked a chef-instructor where he liked to eat in the surrounding Napa Valley.  His response surprised me, "I don't eat out often.  I find I can make everything better, faster, and cheaper."  These words resonated with me, even years later.


Dining out can be a very enjoyable experience: The ambience of a well thought-out dining room, finding inspiration in the chefs' passionate creations,  and the luxury of someone else taking care of the meal preparation and clean up.  (All of this assuming, of course, that there is available parking in the general vicinity and the wait to be seated is less than two hours!)


However,  I find myself wanting to dine-in more and more, my chef's voice echoing in my head, "Better.  Faster.  Cheaper."  Healthier, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment